Friday, January 22, 2021

Animated Bookmarks - The Conclusion

Besides being a useful exercise in cleaning out my bookmarks, there were not as many bookmarked entities that I thought I had ignored in my previous attempt at printing out. I still need to more thoroughly clean out my bookmark folder, to inevitably add more in the future, but as far as interesting oddities that I thought I would be sharing, most of the bookmarks I shared were pretty new (at least ithin the last three years). 

Maybe sometime in the future I will share the two binders of articles and other noteworthy writings I have saved in physical format. For today, the final installment of Animated Bookmarks. 


The 100 Sequences That Shaped Animation - From Bugs Bunny to Spike Spiegel to Miles Morales, the history of an art form that continues to draw us in.

Edited by Eric Vilas-Boas and John Maher



This was just posted last October and made the rounds across many animated blogs and talking heads. It is an extensive analysis of 100 moments in film. Even as someone who has been watching cartoons for a while, it was an eye opener to some really cool films I had yet come across. I always find it interesting when articles like these are written, it gives a baseline of what is considered “important”. Readers and connoisseurs can debate the details, but it is a starting place. 


Little Rock native who voices Squidward talks 20 years of 'SpongeBob Squarepants'

by Paige Cushman



Published on my birthday in 2019, it’s always fascinating to me to see hometown news organizations highlight the achievements of those in the industry. It’s part kind of cheesy and also endearing. Rodger Bumpass' collection and celebration of everything Squidward is shown off in full splendor, and the whole interview is just fun. 


How Walt Disney Used His Kansas City Library Card 

By: J. J. Sedelmaier



This article by animation historian J. J. Sedelmaier opened my eyes to who EG Lutz was and his significance in the history of animation as a whole. This article is extensive and a really fun read. 


HOME MOVIES Cast and Creators Talk the Show’s 20th Anniversary

by M. Arbeiter



I grew up watching Home Movies on [adult swim]. I really love it. Learning more about its production and the crew who often worked together on multiple projects (see Bob’s Burgers for a fun cast reunion) is a joy. There was a video to accompany the short write-up, interviewing the cast and crew of the series, but it seems to no longer be available.

No comments:

Post a Comment