Tuesday, February 23, 2021

Animation Periodicals - Animation Planet

After doing research of the magazines seen in my previous blog entries, I happen to run across on eBay an auction for three issues of Animation Planet. I wrote down the numbers of the issues and kept on my merry way researching further topics. 


A couple days later I ran across the eBay auction again, this time with the knowledge that those three issues are the only three issues of the magazine’s run. 



Long story short, I won the auction at a really decent price and now have the aforementioned magazines in my possession. And they are well put together and fairly deep for there only being three issues. Financial support seems to have been pulled between issue 2 and 3, but a further publisher couldn’t be found to keep the boat afloat. 


The three cover stories on Hercules, Bill Plympton, and South Park have very interesting interviews, respectively. 


The presence of many animation historian writers is becoming less surprising the more research I do in this topic. 

No comments:

Post a Comment